Login     Sign up
How to edit member's password from Admin CP?
Shifat Taushif (@webkinet)
Community posts: 1
View Profile
Send Message

Hi,

One of my special administrators forgot their password. They do not see the "forgot password?" link for some reason in the login page. How can I edit his password from the Admin CP?

I go to the members setting, I see his username. So, I click it then I see is :
his name,
location,
email,
IP,
current role,
featured member or not
and account status.

I can edit his:
featured member or not
current role,
and account status.

Thanks in advance.

153 months ago
adil (@adil)
Community posts: 202
View Profile
Send Message

hi

it is not possible from the admin cp so you have to do it manually from the mysql database ... how???

open the control panel of your host .... start the phpmyadmin and follow this steps...

1. open the account tpl it is likely to be named jcow_accounts if you did not change the prefix!!!!
  2. find the first user ... it is likely to be (you) as the main admin... copy the password from that account as it is (md5 ed )encrypted ...
  3. find your administrator account that lost his password...
    paste the password in his record ...
  4. close phpmy admin now

===============

log out from your jcow account and log in in your lost admin account with his username and your password..
go to the account page and make him a new password that is temparrary and send that password to him and ask him to log in and change the temp password

====

I hope that helps
(let me know if need further assist ) ;)
Adil

153 months ago
Jcow Master (@falcone)
Community posts: 917
View Profile
Send Message

if the "special administrator" cannot log in because he/she forgot the password, how the scripts knows it is a "special administrator"?

Until you are logged in, you are just a guest.

153 months ago
cicilia.andrew (@cicilia4u)
Community posts: 7
View Profile
Send Message

Hello

My name is Miss cicilia andre. I'm a girl I saw your profile today,at( community.jcow.net) I'm interested in you, I would also like to know more about you mean while I have to discuss it with you, and I would want to establish long-term relationship with you.and if you send an email to my email address, I'Wll give you my pictures, this is my email address ( [email protected] ) I believe we can move from here I'm looking forward for your mail, please contact my email address ( [email protected] ) Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters in life I will be happy to here from you soon

pleace reply in my private mail box ([email protected])

153 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Hello

My name is Miss cicilia andre. I'm a girl I saw your profile today,at( community.jcow.net) I'm interested in you, I would also like to know more about you mean while I have to discuss it with you, and I would want to establish long-term relationship with you.and if you send an email to my email address, I'Wll give you my pictures, this is my email address ( [email protected] ) I believe we can move from here I'm looking forward for your mail, please contact my email address ( [email protected] ) Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters in life I will be happy to here from you soon

153 months ago
View Profile
Send Message

Hello

153 months ago